Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Copying from another worksheet

I have an excel worksheet which has a reference to another sheet (='Order
Numbers'!E448) I want to be able to replace the row number 448 with number
that I would put in. I would leave the column designation as is. How can I
accomplish this?
Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

if this is a spreadsheet function then you could use

=INDIRECT("'Order Numbers'!E" & B3)
where Cell B3 has the row number, ie :=448

In VBA you could pass it as a parameter ...

DIM Cell As Range
DIM rownum As LONG
rownum = 448
SET Cell = Cells(rownum,"E")

"Wayne26el" wrote in message
I have an excel worksheet which has a reference to another sheet (='Order
Numbers'!E448) I want to be able to replace the row number 448 with
number
that I would put in. I would leave the column designation as is. How can I
accomplish this?
Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=INDIRECT("'Order Numbers'!E" & B1)

Enter a number in B1

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 19 May 2009 11:16:04 -0700, Wayne26el
wrote:

I have an excel worksheet which has a reference to another sheet (='Order
Numbers'!E448) I want to be able to replace the row number 448 with number
that I would put in. I would leave the column designation as is. How can I
accomplish this?
Wayne

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=index('order numbers'!e:e,a1)
where a1 contained that number

or with minor validity:

=if(a1="","",index('order numbers'!e:e,a1))

--

Dave Peterson