Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Opening .xls that runs macro on open

Hello everyone.

I have inherited some files that now need to optimize some vba, but when I
open the file, it runs some code and then closes the file. I am trying to
figure out how to get around running the program on open.

Any help would be great. I have never coded an on open event in excel so my
scope is limited for this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Set Security to high before opening.

Or hold down Shift key when opening.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 18 May 2009 13:40:10 -0700, PiB311
wrote:

Hello everyone.

I have inherited some files that now need to optimize some vba, but when I
open the file, it runs some code and then closes the file. I am trying to
figure out how to get around running the program on open.

Any help would be great. I have never coded an on open event in excel so my
scope is limited for this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you! This worked perfectly.

Please Help, your suggestion would have worked but the window is not active
on open, and just runs the function. Setting security high worked like a
charm.

Thanks again everyone!