Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using Data Validation List

I have a main worksheet with a Data Validation Drop Down List. There is
another worksheet where I have the list/s of information, I have called
INFO1. Let's say the first cell in the main sheet is K7. The data on the
INFO1 worksheet is in the following format:
A B
1 Red R
2 Green G
3 Blue B
4 Purple P
When I click on K7, I get the drop down list of A1 thru A4, and making a
selection returns the value in column A I clicked on. What I want to happen
is when I click on a cell in column A it will then return the value in column
B only in cell K7. i.e. click A2 returns G in cell K7. Hope I have asked
this correctly. thanks for the help......... Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

you can't do that with data validation.

solution 1
set another cell with =LEFT(K7,1)
which does the job

solution 2
use the ActiveX Combobox (this is the one off the Visual Basic menu bar, NOT
the Forms bar)
set the properties as
BoundColumn := 2 ' this is returned
ColumnCount := 2
ColumnWidths := ;0 'hides the 2nd column
LinkedCell := K7
ListFillRange := A1:B4
you can place this OVER cell K7 so that it appears to be a data validated
cell