Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Using list or macros to input predetermined values

Hi, I'm not too familiar with the use of macros, and I'm not sure I need to
use them in this case. However, I am looking to essentially create a single
list that inputs values across a range of cells (across columns). For
example, consider a table of values:

A 1 13
B 5 10
C 2 7

I would like to create a spreadsheet containing a cell with a list, where I
can select the row A,B or C - and the adjacent values will automatically be
entered. (ie. select B from a list, and 5 10 appear (calling from a
preconstructed table).

I'm sure there are a number of ways, which is the simplest? Cheers.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Please refer

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Simmo86" wrote:

Hi, I'm not too familiar with the use of macros, and I'm not sure I need to
use them in this case. However, I am looking to essentially create a single
list that inputs values across a range of cells (across columns). For
example, consider a table of values:

A 1 13
B 5 10
C 2 7

I would like to create a spreadsheet containing a cell with a list, where I
can select the row A,B or C - and the adjacent values will automatically be
entered. (ie. select B from a list, and 5 10 appear (calling from a
preconstructed table).

I'm sure there are a number of ways, which is the simplest? Cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks, but that method requires several lists for each column. I probably
didn't do a very good job describing my objective. I'm hoping to just be able
to select one category from a list, which then outputs corresponding values
in the adjacent columns. For example, I want to select the type of shape from
a list, and the number of corners and lines will appear in the adjacent
columns - I select triangle in A1, 3 and 3 appear in B1 and C1 respectively.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Please refer

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Simmo86" wrote:

Hi, I'm not too familiar with the use of macros, and I'm not sure I need to
use them in this case. However, I am looking to essentially create a single
list that inputs values across a range of cells (across columns). For
example, consider a table of values:

A 1 13
B 5 10
C 2 7

I would like to create a spreadsheet containing a cell with a list, where I
can select the row A,B or C - and the adjacent values will automatically be
entered. (ie. select B from a list, and 5 10 appear (calling from a
preconstructed table).

I'm sure there are a number of ways, which is the simplest? Cheers.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Suppose you have the data in the range A1:C10. Suppose you create the list in
ColD..and in D1 you select the first entry. Use the below formulas in E1 and
F1 to populate the other data.

D1 = A
E1 =VLOOKUP($D1,$A$1:$C$10,2)
F1 =VLOOKUP($D1,$A$1:$C$10,3)
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Simmo86" wrote:

Thanks, but that method requires several lists for each column. I probably
didn't do a very good job describing my objective. I'm hoping to just be able
to select one category from a list, which then outputs corresponding values
in the adjacent columns. For example, I want to select the type of shape from
a list, and the number of corners and lines will appear in the adjacent
columns - I select triangle in A1, 3 and 3 appear in B1 and C1 respectively.

"Jacob Skaria" wrote:

Please refer

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria