Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro button for all files

How do I allow a macro (created in a test file) to be available for all files
in Excel. I have added the macro to the Quick Access Toolbar, but keep
getting the error:
"Cannot run the macro '<macro name'. The macro may not be available in
this workbook or all macros may be disabled."
I can run macros within files.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

hi
you need to place your macros in a personal.xlsb and save it to the xlstart
folder
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\XLSTART (i think).
The file will open automaticly(hidden) when excel starts and all macros in
the personal.xlsb will be available for use on all files.

regards
FSt1