Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cannot find part for the specified URI ....

Hello and help
A collegue has asked me to look at an Excel ribbon issue.

The Excel file had a ribbon until recently, nobody knows how but the ribbon
has dissapeared. I have zipped the file and looked through its file structure
and the custonUI folder is missing.
MS Off2007 Custom UI Editor shows no xml in the file. I copy some code into
it but when I save it the follwing message appears.

''Cannot add part for the specified URI because it is already in the
package.''

It looks like Excel thinks it is there but nothing can see it. What do I do
next????

Many Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Reinstal or repair Excel !!!

Also: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd756403.aspx

Met vriendelijk groet;
Mark Rosenkrantz
--
Spreadsheet Solutions
Uithoorn
"Cresta" wrote in message
Hello and help
A collegue has asked me to look at an Excel ribbon issue.

The Excel file had a ribbon until recently, nobody knows how but the
ribbon
has dissapeared. I have zipped the file and looked through its file
structure
and the custonUI folder is missing.
MS Off2007 Custom UI Editor shows no xml in the file. I copy some code
into
it but when I save it the follwing message appears.

''Cannot add part for the specified URI because it is already in the
package.''

It looks like Excel thinks it is there but nothing can see it. What do I
do
next????

Many Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

If an Excel 2007 file with XML code is opened in a prior version of
Excel and saved, the XML code will be stripped.

Any chance someone has the conversion pkg. installed in their prior
Excel version?

Walt