Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default using Networkdays formula in French version of Excel options

I have a spreadsheet that I have several references to the formula
'Networkdays'. The spreadsheet works great using the English version
of Excel however, I have collegues that use a French copy of Excel and
the spreadsheet does not function using that version of Excel.

In order to get the spreadsheet to work, I have to change all the
references in the spreadsheet from 'Networkdays' to 'NB.JOURS.OUVRES'
and then it will work.

Is there anyway I can set up the spreadsheet so that it will work in
both languages without having to re-write the formual for different
versions of Excel? Maybe a statement 'if Excel ver=French, use
NB.JOURS.OUVRES, if English use Networkdays'?
thx

Mel
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I'm having the same issue with spreadsheets developed in English version
EXCEL2003, being used in Germany. Anyone know why the Analysis Tool Pak
functions aren't translated automatically like all the "standard"
functions?

Can anyone suggest a good fix - I don't want to maintain multiple
versions of the same spreadsheet?

My own thoughts are to create a new UDF... xNETWORKDAYS() and within
that, use the VBA function equivalent. However, since it would come
from the add-in file atpvb*EN*.xls (where *EN* refers to English), will
I just end up with the same "not translated" issue? Will my German
colleagues have an atpvba*DE*.xls to install the toolpack and again if I
call the funciton in "english" it will fail?

Apprectiate any help.

--
MichaelH
MichaelH's Profile:

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

ATP functions are not translated automatically. In Excel2007 they are an
integral part of Excel and are translated.
Most ATP functions cn be simulated using worksheet formuls; see

http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...-addin-part-1/

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

;343946 Wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Mmmm! Having difficulty getting those formulae to work. But I will
persevere. Thanks.

Was I right about the ATP VBA functions, would I have come up with the
same problem if I'd tried to "code" a UDF and then send that to
Germany?

Niek Otten;435973 Wrote:
ATP functions are not translated automatically. In Excel2007 they are
an
integral part of Excel and are translated.
Most ATP functions cn be simulated using worksheet formuls; see

'Daily Dose of Excel Blog Archive Replacing the Analysis Toolpak
Addin - Part 1' (http://tinyurl.com/lehmjo)

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

;343946 Wrote:
[...]

'The Code Cage Forums - View Profile: MichaelH'

(
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=589)
View this thread: 'using Networkdays formula in French version of

Excel options - The Code Cage Forums'
(http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=96230)

--
MichaelH
MichaelH's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=589
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=96230

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

<would I have come up with the same problem if I'd tried to "code" a UDF and
then send that to Germany?

Probably. But sometimes Excel and its international issues surprise me.

You can easily test that, I assume.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten