Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Can I use customed Addin in french version office excel?

Hi,

I have done a customed addin for our group. Right now, some of them are
using french version office. Should I worry about whether this addin would
cause some issue? And Can they still use this addin? Thank you very much.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Caroline,

What are you worried about?
If you post the code of your addin we can have a look.
But my suggestion would be: Just try!

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"caroline" wrote in message

I have done a customed addin for our group. Right now, some of them are
using french version office. Should I worry about whether this addin would
cause some issue? And Can they still use this addin? Thank you very much.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank you for your reply. One reason I am asking is because I don't have all
environment to let me try.

For confidential reason, I cannot attach my code here. But I would like to
describe what I am doing use this addin.

I created an addin to collect some worksheets information. Say if you have
hyperlink in your workbook, I will collect how many hyperlinks you are using
in your workbook. After I got this number, I will write this into document
property and also send a email to central place by calling local machine's
outlook if there is any.

I can have all forms' translation ready to replace my english version forms
in VBA no problem. I am just wondering if there is issue for getting user
profile information and sending out email in different language systems. And
also wondering if there is issue about compatible between different versions.
My code is developed in English Excel 2003. Will it work in French excel
2002, 2003? For excel 2007, I think it's probably ok.