Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default employee excell dilemma

Hi, At the place where I work we have an excell workbook containing a list
of employees and their duties that they are doing that day, and also the bus
number that they are using. What I would like help on, is how do I link the
signing on sheet within this workbook to link with another sheet in another
workbook.. for instance :- once an employee arrives for their duty a letter R
is inputted under the sign on column, once the the letter R is inputted, I
would like it to link to the other sheet within the other workbook, which
will show how many days that specific employee has worked so far that week.
The number of days would need to update automatically on a daily basis once a
letter R is inputted in the signing on sheet in the workbook. This would be
only on a weekly basis.. as new workshhet/workbook is used for each working
week.....Please can anyone help me on this quite large problem....Thank you..
--
Thanks for any help world.... xxxx