Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default caching in excel

I have to create an excel report where i should have a connection string in
the report so that users can refresh the report once a day and after first
refresh the report should go offline but the report should show up the data
based on the filter changes . Basically i need to use caching technique .
Please help me in this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cant we have a hidden sheet with data populated on refresh..

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"murali velaga" wrote:

I have to create an excel report where i should have a connection string in
the report so that users can refresh the report once a day and after first
refresh the report should go offline but the report should show up the data
based on the filter changes . Basically i need to use caching technique .
Please help me in this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can have the last updated date stored in a cell' and check that in
Workbook open. If the date is different enable or display the refresh button.
Once refreshed the button can be disabled
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"murali velaga" wrote:

I have to create an excel report where i should have a connection string in
the report so that users can refresh the report once a day and after first
refresh the report should go offline but the report should show up the data
based on the filter changes . Basically i need to use caching technique .
Please help me in this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Application.CommandBars("Data").Controls("<menunam e").Enabled = False
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"murali velaga" wrote:

I have to create an excel report where i should have a connection string in
the report so that users can refresh the report once a day and after first
refresh the report should go offline but the report should show up the data
based on the filter changes . Basically i need to use caching technique .
Please help me in this.

Caching a high and low value [email protected] Excel Programming 4 December 6th 08 09:59 PM
Excel + MS Query + table definition caching Tony Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 August 14th 07 12:30 PM
Caching? Dean[_8_] Excel Programming 21 November 8th 06 09:38 PM
images caching James Madden Excel Programming 0 April 19th 06 12:09 AM
EXCEL CACHING ... affordsol Excel Programming 0 February 23rd 06 05:11 PM