Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VBA Training

I see VBA gives Excel quite a bit more power. As I don't know zip about
VBA I was wondering where could I start educating myself and how. I have
not even used the VBA recorder in excel:(. Anothere not unimportant
thing is would it be worth it, I do use excel regularly but not
extensively.

Anny suggestions or advise.

Thanks,

Willem

--
willemeulen
willemeulen's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

http://www.excel-vba.com/
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"willemeulen" wrote:

I see VBA gives Excel quite a bit more power. As I don't know zip about
VBA I was wondering where could I start educating myself and how. I have
not even used the VBA recorder in excel:(. Anothere not unimportant
thing is would it be worth it, I do use excel regularly but not
extensively.

Anny suggestions or advise.

Thanks,

Willem

--
willemeulen
willemeulen's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=94189

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
1. Pick a decent sized project you would REALLY like to automate.
After that:
"Excel VBA for Dummies" by John Walkenbach got me started & very good
it is too.
Search this newsgroup if you have a problem. The answer is probably
there somewhere.
Read this newsgroup every day & ask questions as you go.

regards
Paul

On May 7, 2:44*pm, willemeulen
wrote:
I see VBA gives Excel quite a bit more power. As I don't know zip about
VBA I was wondering where could I start educating myself and how. I have
not even used the VBA recorder in excel:(. Anothere not unimportant
thing is would it be worth it, I do use excel regularly but not
extensively.

Anny suggestions or advise.

Thanks,

Willem

--
willemeulen
willemeulen's Profile:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285
View this thread:http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=94189

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Before starting with Excel VBA be sure that you have a very good working
knowledge of Excel itself - Functions, PivotTables etc. I see so many
people trying to create code to do what Excel can already do

--
royUK

Hope that helps, RoyUK
For tips & examples visit my 'web site' (http://www.excel-it.com/)
royUK's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=15
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=94189

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

royUK;337401 Wrote:
Before starting with Excel VBA be sure that you have a very good working
knowledge of Excel itself - Functions, PivotTables etc. I see so many
people trying to create code to do what Excel can already doUsing the recorder is a very good place to start, but as Roy points out

without a good working knowledge of Excels functions and processes you
will simply be bogging yourself down, many things are achievable with
Excels own built in functions if you know how to use them.

That said there's plenty of information on the net, and soon we will be
posting free beginners tutorials in our tutorials section :)

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=94189

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

royUK;337401 Wrote:
Before starting with Excel VBA be sure that you have a very good working
knowledge of Excel itself - Functions, PivotTables etc. I see so many
people trying to create code to do what Excel can already do

Very valid point roy! I'm shore excel has a lot of options I don't know
of. Have you seen my other post under VBA thread, do you think those are
possible in excel?

--
willemeulen
willemeulen's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=285
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=94189

VBA Training Minitman[_4_] Excel Programming 4 July 24th 06 12:26 AM
VBA Training Essonc Excel Programming 3 April 25th 06 03:58 AM
VBA Training Rick Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 October 5th 05 10:13 PM
VBA training rn29 Excel Programming 4 March 2nd 05 11:34 PM
VBA Training course? aet-inc[_7_] Excel Programming 1 December 7th 03 09:48 PM