Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Maintaining position and Value of certain cells when inserting inf

Hi all

I'm running into a frustrating problem, I'm creating a timetable
workschedule and preplan it month by month. For every month I assign a
specific Job to each day so that every day has a specific job attached to it.
Even though I try and stick to the schedule some jobs take longer than
expected and I need to assign more days to them. I do this by simply
inserting the job into an adjacent day and shifting everything over one day
to the right.

So far so good.

The problem arises when I have jobs that can't be moved, so when I insert an
extra day for a longer than expected job, I need the resultant rightward cell
shift to skip these strict deadline jobs and shift past them like they don't
exist.

If anyone can help that would be great
Thanks
Mike