-   -   Maintaining position and Value of certain cells when inserting inf (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-programming/428129-maintaining-position-value-certain-cells-when-inserting-inf.html)

MikeRZA

Maintaining position and Value of certain cells when inserting inf

Hi all

I'm running into a frustrating problem, I'm creating a timetable
workschedule and preplan it month by month. For every month I assign a
specific Job to each day so that every day has a specific job attached to it.
Even though I try and stick to the schedule some jobs take longer than
expected and I need to assign more days to them. I do this by simply
inserting the job into an adjacent day and shifting everything over one day
to the right.

So far so good.

The problem arises when I have jobs that can't be moved, so when I insert an
extra day for a longer than expected job, I need the resultant rightward cell
shift to skip these strict deadline jobs and shift past them like they don't
exist.

If anyone can help that would be great
Thanks
Mike
--
MikeJ

[email protected]

Maintaining position and Value of certain cells when insertinginf

Hi
How do you decide when a job cannot shift and when it can?
regards
Paul