Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Activesheet question

Hi

How do you see what options follow ActiveSheet. ?

The only one I can find Help on is Name.

I'm hoping there might be for for the current row.
(and if there's no current row that can detected).

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Open VB editor using ALT+F11 and then

View|Object browser
In the 'Classes' window scroll down to and double click 'Worksheet' to get
the members.

Mike

"kirkm" wrote:

Hi

How do you see what options follow ActiveSheet. ?

The only one I can find Help on is Name.

I'm hoping there might be for for the current row.
(and if there's no current row that can detected).

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Alt+F11 from worksheet to launch VBE.
F2 to launch Object Browser
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"kirkm" wrote:

Hi

How do you see what options follow ActiveSheet. ?

The only one I can find Help on is Name.

I'm hoping there might be for for the current row.
(and if there's no current row that can detected).

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Guys,

I got into there OK but can't see anything
for detecting the active row, does it exist in that enviroment, or is
it detected some other way?

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Just like the ActiveSheet is an object containing all the properties of the
currently active sheet, there is an ActiveCell object that contains all the
properties of the currently selected cell. Note I said cell... there is also
a Selection object that contains all of the properties of the current
selection, whether that be a single cell or a group of cells (in a selection
of multiple cells, there is still a single active cell... the ActiveCell
object references it). So, to get the row that the active cell is on, just
ask the ActiveCell object for it...

MsgBox ActiveCell.Row

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"kirkm" wrote in message ...
Thanks Guys,

I got into there OK but can't see anything
for detecting the active row, does it exist in that enviroment, or is
it detected some other way?

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 7 May 2009 11:33:42 -0400, "Rick Rothstein"
wrote:

Just like the ActiveSheet is an object containing all the properties of the
currently active sheet, there is an ActiveCell object that contains all the
properties of the currently selected cell. Note I said cell... there is also
a Selection object that contains all of the properties of the current
selection, whether that be a single cell or a group of cells (in a selection
of multiple cells, there is still a single active cell... the ActiveCell
object references it). So, to get the row that the active cell is on, just
ask the ActiveCell object for it...

MsgBox ActiveCell.Row

Many thanks Rick (and others). The help is much appreciated
and my project is coming together nicely.

Cheers - Kirk