Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default WorkSheet / ActiveSheet Question

I have an Excel 2002 workbook which has many worksheets.
One of these worksheets is a TOTAL of the other worksheets.

One cell in the TOTAL worksheet is using the MAX function
to obtain the highest value in a CELL across the many
worksheets. This works fine.

What I also want to be able to do is adjacent to the Cell
containing the MAX function in the TOTAL worksheet, I want
to be able to automatically calculate/identify which
worksheet (i.e., worksheet name) this value (i.e., the MAX
value) came from.

For example, the 12 worksheets are for Jan, Feb, Mar, etc
(i.e., the 12 months), with the TOTAL worksheet being
totals of some of the cells, and the one above being a MAX
function calculation to let me know the MAX value across
all worksheets, and I want to automatically identify which
worksheet this came from and enter the worksheet name (or
similar) in the cell next to the MAX function in the TOTAL
worksheet. So for example, the TOTAL worksheet may display
(and this is just an example)

$123,123 FEB-04

FEB-04 being the worksheet name that the $123,123 came
from, and in this example the $123,123 being the value
returned from the MAX function.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Brian