Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Printing Invalid Data Circles

Hey, everyone,

At the end of my WorksheetChange event, I use the
Activesheet.CircleInvalid
line to put red circles around erroneous data. The user then sees these
circles and should know to change them. However, sometimes they don't get
corrected and the user prints the worksheet and brings it to me to find out
why some things aren't calculating correctly. Well, the circles don't get
printed, so I have to search and search for what is wrong with the page.

An example of when there could be erroneous data in a cell with DV is if A1
had a drop-down with "Soda" and "Beer". A2's drop-down is dependent on A1.
So the user says, of course, "Beer" in A1 and then selects a favorite brand
in A2 - "Sam Adams". Now the user goes back to A1 and selects "Pop". This
makes A2 invalid, and it gets circled, but not corrected before the user
prints it. How can I get these CircleInvalid circles to print?

I can't find anything in VBA or the Excel 2007 help, nor on the page setup
or print boxes.
--
TIA, Brad E.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why not just have your event code clear the invalid value in column B when
the column A value on which it depends is changed?

And if you really want to make sure they re-populate it with a new value,
include a message box to tell them they need to do it, and select the
pertinent cell.