Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default File size gets huge on photo insert

You need to compress the quality of the picture. I usually do this by e-mail
the picture to myself using the following technique

go to the picture using window explorer and select all the pictures. then
right click on selected items and choose Send To - Mail Recipient. then when
the option to make smaller comes up I select make smaller. Once the picture
is loaded into email you can then save attachments. The insert the smaller
image into the picture box.

"mooresk257" wrote:

I have a picture box with the following code:

Private Sub Image1_Click()

FileToOpen = Application.GetOpenFilename( _
"All Files (*.jpg),*.jpg,(*.bmp),*.bmp")
If FileToOpen < False Then
Worksheets("Sheet1").OLEObjects("Image1").Object.P icture _
= LoadPicture(FileToOpen)

The file contains four sheets, and has a file size of 224 KB. When I insert
a photo with a file size of 129 KB into the photobox and save the Excel file,
the Excel file size balloons to 4.00 MB. If I insert a second photo, it goes
up over 9 MB.

Anybody know what is causing this, and how can I fix it?

Thanks!