Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Vlookup and Sum

Hello, could someone please help me with the following?

I need Excel 2003 to Vlookup column G and look up the number: 100206.
Then, I need it to sum all the values in column O and place the final
summed figure in cell: AA3.

I am using Windows XP and Excel 2003.

The title heading for column G (cell: G2) is: Cost Centre Code
(Baseline).

The title heading for column O (cell: O2) is: Actual Expenditure
(inc.GST).

The name of the worksheet is: Register.

Kind regards,

Chris.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If AA3 is on the same "Register" worksheet, you can use:

=sumif(g:g,100206,o:o)
if the value is a real number
or
=sumif(g:g,"100206",o:o)
if the value is text (not a number)

If AA3 cell is on a different sheet:
=sumif(Register!g:g,100206,Register!o:o)
or
=sumif(Register!g:g,"100206",Register!o:o)

Each of these will sum the values in column O only if the value in column G is
100206/"100206".

Chris Hankin wrote:

Hello, could someone please help me with the following?

I need Excel 2003 to Vlookup column G and look up the number: 100206.
Then, I need it to sum all the values in column O and place the final
summed figure in cell: AA3.

I am using Windows XP and Excel 2003.

The title heading for column G (cell: G2) is: Cost Centre Code
(Baseline).

The title heading for column O (cell: O2) is: Actual Expenditure
(inc.GST).

The name of the worksheet is: Register.

Kind regards,

Chris.

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Dave - really appreciate your excellent help,

Cheers,

Chris.