Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reference Textbox from cell

Hi, I read various methods of referencing cells from the textbox, but I'd
like help to do the reverse.....enter a function in a cell that references
the contents of the textbox.

Thanks much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Tim, I have a number of controls on the spreadsheet surface a few of which
are text boxes. In another section of the spreadhsheet, I want to reference
the contents of one or more textboxes in cells without adding code.

"RLang" wrote in message
Hi, I read various methods of referencing cells from the textbox, but I'd
like help to do the reverse.....enter a function in a cell that references
the contents of the textbox.

Thanks much

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Put this in a regular module (adjusting names to suit):

Function TextBoxValue() As String
TextBoxValue = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("Sheet1").txtTest.Value
End Function

You can then use this function in a worksheet formula.

Tim