Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macros Stop Working

Is there any known condition in Excel which
disables every macro, or sheet click/double click event etc etc ?

I get this a lot and can't figure out what causes it.

The fix is to close and re-open Excel and everything works again.
But it would be nice to prevent it happening at all.

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Check whether in any of the macros you have set
Application.EnableEvents to False and then missed to reverse it to True

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"kirkm" wrote:

Is there any known condition in Excel which
disables every macro, or sheet click/double click event etc etc ?

I get this a lot and can't figure out what causes it.

The fix is to close and re-open Excel and everything works again.
But it would be nice to prevent it happening at all.

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Are you opening any workbooks programmatically and doing something else?
I've had this happen when I pressed the SHIFT key.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/WorkbookOpenBug.asp

"kirkm" wrote:

Is there any known condition in Excel which
disables every macro, or sheet click/double click event etc etc ?

The fix is to close and re-open Excel and everything works again.
But it would be nice to prevent it happening at all.

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 1 May 2009 19:45:02 -0700, Barb Reinhardt
wrote:

Are you opening any workbooks programmatically and doing something else?
I've had this happen when I pressed the SHIFT key.

http://www.jkp-ads.com/Articles/WorkbookOpenBug.asp

Thanks for the info... not sure if it applies or not. Yes I'm usually
doing all kings of things and of course, you don't know it's going to
happen until it does! Oh well... will box on!

Cheers - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Fri, 1 May 2009 18:58:01 -0700, Jacob Skaria
wrote:

Check whether in any of the macros you have set
Application.EnableEvents to False and then missed to reverse it to True

They all seem right, but I'll try Application.EnableEvents = True in
the debug window next time as see if it has any effect.

Thanks - Kirk