Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Conditional formatting of a Row

I have a small offset group of cells on the edge of my main spreadsheet which
details my monthly bills.

When a bill has been paid and reads 0 I want it to turn red and put a
strikethrough that row. Not the entire row just part of the row that shows
that my little table on the edge of my spreadsheet.

Regards and thanks in Advance
--
N/A
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Ossie

The Cell range is U to Y

The table looks like the

2 Electric £79.00
3 Gas £74.00
3 Water £40.00

Lets say I pay my electric bill and that shows 0 I want it to put a
strikethrough the whole row and turn it red.

Then when I pay my gas bill want the same to happen and so on...

Thanks again
--
N/A

"OssieMac" wrote:

Can you post a sample range of cells that is to turn Red plus the cell
address which will be zero when the range turns red etc.

Need to know what the relationship is between the cells to be conditionally
formatted and the cell that contains the value to control it.

OssieMac

"Joel" wrote:

I have a small offset group of cells on the edge of my main spreadsheet which
details my monthly bills.

When a bill has been paid and reads 0 I want it to turn red and put a
strikethrough that row. Not the entire row just part of the row that shows
that my little table on the edge of my spreadsheet.

Regards and thanks in Advance
--
N/A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Sorry XL 2007
--
N/A

"AltaEgo" wrote:

You did not mention your version.

XL2003:

Assume the range of cells to be formatted is A2:G6 and column A is the key
cell to check.

1) Click on Cell A2. While holding down the [Shift] Key, click on A6 - so
the whole row required to be formatted is highlighted and the first cell
(A2) is active.

2) Click Format, conditional Formatting.

3) Change condition 1 dropdown to 'Formula Is'

4) Enter the formula =ISBLANK($A2)

5) Do not select any formatting

6) Change condition 2 dropdown to 'Formula Is'

7) Enter the formula =$A2=0

8) Click the Format... button for Condition 2

9) Click the Font tab and check the Strikethrough box

10) Did you want red text or background?

11) If red text, one the font tab choose red in the color: dropdown.
Otherwise, click the Patterns tab and choose red.

12 Click OK until back at the main sheet

Now use the format painter to paint the format to the rest of the range. If
you don't know how to use the format painter, copy the row, Highlight
required cells below and Paste Special; Formats

Omit steps 3-5 and move the other steps to condition 1 if you also want the
highlight to appear for blank cells.

HTH
--
Steve

"Joel" wrote in message
I have a small offset group of cells on the edge of my main spreadsheet
which
details my monthly bills.

When a bill has been paid and reads 0 I want it to turn red and put a
strikethrough that row. Not the entire row just part of the row that shows
that my little table on the edge of my spreadsheet.

Regards and thanks in Advance
--
N/A

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If using 2007

1. Click on the home tab in the ribbon.
2. Click on conditional formatting
3. Go to highlight cell rules and the Equal to.
4. In the with drop down box select Custom format.
5. Tick the strickthrough checkbox and choose color red.
6. Click OK and again OK.

HTH

Regards,
Anand

"Joel" wrote:

I have a small offset group of cells on the edge of my main spreadsheet which
details my monthly bills.

When a bill has been paid and reads 0 I want it to turn red and put a
strikethrough that row. Not the entire row just part of the row that shows
that my little table on the edge of my spreadsheet.

Regards and thanks in Advance *
--
N/A- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thank Anand

I jus have one question it only strikes through the amont I would like to
strikethrough the Row any suggestions please
--
N/A

"Joel" wrote:

I have a small offset group of cells on the edge of my main spreadsheet which
details my monthly bills.

When a bill has been paid and reads 0 I want it to turn red and put a
strikethrough that row. Not the entire row just part of the row that shows
that my little table on the edge of my spreadsheet.

Regards and thanks in Advance
--
N/A- Hide quoted text -

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Joel,

Have the other posts answered your question sufficiently for you to do what
you want? If not then still need more information. For example if U2:Y2 is
the range to turn red and strike through, what cell (or cells) need to be
tested for zero. Need the actual cell addresses and I assume that for the
other rows these addresses will have the same relativity to the U - Y address
as for row 2.

OssieMac