Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Display ToolTip for User Defined Function

Originally posted in Excel General Questions...

I am looking for a way to display the list of arguments, in a small yellow
window immediately under the function, like Excel does for a built-in
function, when the function is typed into the cell. These are called
ToolTips. I want to display these ToolTips for a user defined function. Is
there a DLL that I can download from somewhere, or some other method of
controlling this functionality?

Thanks!!
Ryan---

--
Ryan---
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

AFAIK know, no such dll exists to provide that functionality, free or
otherwise. Whilst not impossible and I can imagine how it might be
approached, it would be difficult. Apart from a timer to monitor the
position of the cursor in the edit string, also need a lot of parsing to
determine the relevant argument to highlight if/as appropriate. A lot of
work.

Regards,
Peter T