Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default unprotect hidden sheet

I am using a hidden sheet to track several counters that are accessed by code
off of different sheets. I have protected that entire sheet .

I want to be able to unprotect the sheet to update the counters without
unhiding it first.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

with worksheets("hiddensheetnamehere")
.unprotect password:="hi"
.range("A1").value = "whatever update you need"
.protect password:="hi"
end with

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No need to protect that hidden sheet.

Just make sure the workbook is protected so's users cannot unhide the sheet.

Or make the sheet xlveryhidden

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP