Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Possible to import Word forms en masse into Excel spreadsheet?

Hello,

I'm running a little questionnaire for around ~100 people and am sending
them out as Word documents. These documents are already using the Forms
option with text boxes and drop down fields.

However, I also want to analyze the data, but it would take a very long time
to import the long questionnaires one by one into Excel. Is it possible to
automate this process given that the Word document is a form?

I have already read the MS tutorial on converting Word forms into txt format
and the output is now perfect, but I suppose my second question is, would it
be possible to automate saving the doc files into txt/csv format (either into
1 big file or into individual ones)? That would let me import all those files
at once into Excel I think, right?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi
Try searching this newsgroup using
import word forms into excel

that should give you a start.
regards
Paul

On Apr 21, 1:12*pm, GhostNWN
wrote:
Hello,

I'm running a little questionnaire for around ~100 people and am sending
them out as Word documents. These documents are already using the Forms
option with text boxes and drop down fields.

However, I also want to analyze the data, but it would take a very long time
to import the long questionnaires one by one into Excel. Is it possible to
automate this process given that the Word document is a form?

I have already read the MS tutorial on converting Word forms into txt format
and the output is now perfect, but I suppose my second question is, would it
be possible to automate saving the doc files into txt/csv format (either into
1 big file or into individual ones)? That would let me import all those files
at once into Excel I think, right?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for the suggestion, I came across this link in the search:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm

It is perfect for what I'm doing, except that it is for importing into access.
How would I modify this code to import into Excel instead? I have not used
VBA before so I would appreciate any help.