Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default copy/paste: strange feature (I think)

I just found that the result of a horizontal Paste can take 2 forms depending
on the relation of the number of copied columns to the number of columns in
the destination range:
€¢ If the number of destination columns eg 16384 is divisible without
remainder by the number of copied columns eg 32 (result = 512) then the
copied columns will be pasted 512 times next to each other, covering the
whole destination range.
€¢ Otherwise they will be pasted only exactly once padded with empty cells at
the right.

Being a coding novice I created below piece of code with the intention to
paste the copied range only once but it does it 512 times. How can I improve
my code?
Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A10:AF10").Copy
Sheets("Sheet2").Rows(1).PasteSpecial (xlPasteValues)

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The code that you posted tells it to paste the clipboard contents to the
entire row. So in xl2003, it would paste from A1 to IV1. So, in xl2007 it
would be considerably more.
It is doing exactly what the code calls for. If you want it to only paste
the same amount as that copied, then use a single cell reference for the
upper left corner anchor, or use and exact range match for the size of the
copied range.