Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Solver add-in Excel 2000 An unexpected internal error occurred

Hello!

I hope someone can help me. I'm trying to use the solver add-in called from
a VB macro. Using the solver from the Excel menu works fine but when I try to
call it from vb code it shows the following error:

Solver: An unexpected internal error occurred, or available memory was
exhausted.

I'm using Excel 2000 with SP3 English version. After some research I've
found this hotfix:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821430/en-us

It says it is for my current version but when I proceed to download it says
it is for global language and sp4.

I've tried to install it but it didn't work, I can guess it is a problem of
the service pack version.

I need the hotfix for my current version, what can I do? Or what other
solutions do you recommend? Where can I find the hotfix?

I've also tried other things like putting this code line at the begining of
my code:

If Not SOLVER.AutoOpened Then SOLVER.Auto_open

Nothing works. What can I do? Please help.