Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run Other non microsoft applications

Hi All,

Could we run other non microsoft applications like Peachtree by the help of
MS excel VBA codes or using macros. I just not want to run the other
application but also perform some other activities on that application could
it possible....

Regards,

Shakeel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use the shell function from VBA to call another application

Dim ProcID As Integer
' Run Calculator.
ProcID = Shell("C:\Windows\system32\calc.exe", AppWinStyle.NormalFocus)

If this post helps click Yes
---------------
Jacob Skaria

"Abdul Shakeel" wrote:

Hi All,

Could we run other non microsoft applications like Peachtree by the help of
MS excel VBA codes or using macros. I just not want to run the other
application but also perform some other activities on that application could
it possible....

Regards,

Shakeel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can always shell the application to run it, but whether and how you
interact depends on the product you are using.

Myapp = Shell("C:\Sage.exe", 1)

AppActivate Myapp

Nigel

"Abdul Shakeel" wrote in message
Hi All,

Could we run other non microsoft applications like Peachtree by the help
of
MS excel VBA codes or using macros. I just not want to run the other
application but also perform some other activities on that application
could
it possible....

Regards,

Shakeel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Jacob,

your code works perfectly, but I want to perform some other function as well
after the application is open, as if its already open I gothrough some menu
of this application & run a prosedure to export a report How I could do this

"Abdul Shakeel" wrote:

Hi All,

Could we run other non microsoft applications like Peachtree by the help of
MS excel VBA codes or using macros. I just not want to run the other
application but also perform some other activities on that application could
it possible....

Regards,

Shakeel

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you cannot create an object of this application....

Try using the SendKeys function..

If this post helps click Yes
Jacob Skaria