Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) getting rewritten on save.

I posted this in another forum, and I don't think I will get an answer there.

I have an xls (2003) excel spread sheet that calls data from another
application (DDE) like this:
=RSLINX|'PC2'!'ANA[201]'

and like this
=Rslinx|'EC2'!'ACT01'

This is standard DDE, and in 2003 and earlier it works. The application I am
calling is RSLINX, the topic(s) are PC2 and EC2, and th eitem names inside
those topics containing the values I want are ANA[201] and ACT01. The content
of both item names are 'REAL' numbers.

The problem is that when I save the spreadsheet as a macro enaabled file in
2007 it replaces
=Rslinx|'EC2'!ACT01

with
=Rslinx|'EC2'!_xlbgnm.ACT01

And it only does it for my topics that contain the letters/word "ACT", none
of the others.

Anyone know what is going on here? Is there a way to get Excel to stop
concatenating the "_xlbgnm." into my call?. If I delete the "_xlbgnm." from
the call, save, and reopen it comes back.

In the interim I plan on writing some code to replace the content of the
rewritten cells after opening. I'd really like to know what is going on
though.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am having troublre downloading DDE data from ADVFN.com using Excel 2007.
They use an earlier version of Excel and do not have any problems. According
to Microsoft, the DDE platform has been so deprioritized that it just does
not work properly anymore since more up to data approaches are available.