Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Automatically close personal.xlsb

In Excel 2003, my personal.xls would close automatically when I closed my
last visible workbook; now in Excel 2007 it doesn't close automatically -
Excel stays open with a blank screen. Is there a setting I'm missing or is
there a simple macro that would accomplish the task.
--
SteveB
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

A little research revealed that it is a side-effect of the "Show all windows
in the taskbar" feature under Excel Options, Advanced, Display. Disable it
and that should be the end of your problem.

HTH,
Ryan---

--
Ryan---

"SteveB" wrote:

In Excel 2003, my personal.xls would close automatically when I closed my
last visible workbook; now in Excel 2007 it doesn't close automatically -
Excel stays open with a blank screen. Is there a setting I'm missing or is
there a simple macro that would accomplish the task.
--
SteveB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If I follow, that's nothing to do with your personal (but why the addin
extension xlsb). To simulate the way the little-x close-everything button
worked in previous versions try double clicking the large Office icon top
left.

Regards,
Peter T