Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Add a message to this array.

Public Sub TestRanges() 'Sort or Modify columns Macro
Sheets("Rockwell").Select
NamedRanges = Array("Scl1", "Scl2", "Scl3", "Scl4", "Scl5", "Scl6",
"Scl7", "Scl8", "Scl9", "Scl10")
For Each NRange In NamedRanges
Set isect = Application.Intersect(Range(NRange), ActiveCell)
If Not isect Is Nothing Then
Worksheets("Rockwell").Select
Load Rckwll
Rckwll.Show
Unload Rckwll
Exit For
End If
Next NRange
End Sub

Thanks to Joel for this code. It works great provided I select one of the
"Scls". I'd like to add a message that tells the user what to do if one of
the Scls isn't selected.
TIA
Lou

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Maybe add an Else to your IF like this:
Public Sub TestRanges() 'Sort or Modify columns Macro
Dim mBox As Variant
Dim Nxt As Variant
Nxt:
Sheets("Rockwell").Select
NamedRanges = Array("Scl1", "Scl2", "Scl3", "Scl4", "Scl5", "Scl6",
"Scl7", "Scl8", "Scl9", "Scl10")
For Each NRange In NamedRanges
Set isect = Application.Intersect(Range(NRange), ActiveCell)
If Not isect Is Nothing Then
Worksheets("Rockwell").Select
Load Rckwll
Rckwll.Show
Unload Rckwll
Exit For
Else
mBox = MsgBox("You have not selected a range", vbYesNo, "Range not
detected")
If mBox = vbYes Then GoTo Nxt
End If
Next NRange
End Sub

--
Simon Lloyd

Regards,
Simon Lloyd
View this thread: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/sh...ad.php?t=81040

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

For what you posted, try this...

Public Sub TestRanges() 'Sort or Modify columns Macro
Sheets("Rockwell").Select
NamedRanges = Array("Scl1", "Scl2", "Scl3", "Scl4", "Scl5", _
"Scl6", "Scl7", "Scl8", "Scl9", "Scl10")
For Each NRange In NamedRanges
Set isect = Application.Intersect(Range(NRange), ActiveCell)
If Not isect Is Nothing Then
Worksheets("Rockwell").Select
Load Rckwll
Rckwll.Show
Unload Rckwll
Exit Sub
End If
Next NRange
MsgBox "Nothing was selected!"
End Sub

However, given your Remark in the code, I'm guessing this is not all of the
macro's code, so perhaps you need this instead...

Public Sub TestRanges() 'Sort or Modify columns Macro
Sheets("Rockwell").Select
NamedRanges = Array("Scl1", "Scl2", "Scl3", "Scl4", "Scl5", _
"Scl6", "Scl7", "Scl8", "Scl9", "Scl10")
For Each NRange In NamedRanges
Set isect = Application.Intersect(Range(NRange), ActiveCell)
If Not isect Is Nothing Then
Worksheets("Rockwell").Select
Load Rckwll
Rckwll.Show
Unload Rckwll
GoTo Continue
End If
Next NRange
MsgBox "Nothing was selected!"
Continue:
'
' << Rest of your code goes here
'

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rookie 1st class" <Rookie1stClass@SpamThis wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks guys.
I had a basic knowledge of what to do just not certain of where.
Final code below.
Lou
Public Sub TestRanges() 'Sort or Modify columns Macro
Sheets("Rockwell").Select
NamedRanges = Array("Scl1", "Scl2", "Scl3", "Scl4", "Scl5", "Scl6",
"Scl7", "Scl8", "Scl9", "Scl10")
For Each NRange In NamedRanges
Set isect = Application.Intersect(Range(NRange), ActiveCell)
If Not isect Is Nothing Then
Worksheets("Rockwell").Select
Load Rckwll
Rckwll.Show
Unload Rckwll
Exit For
End If
Next NRange
MsgBox "Select one of the ""Scale under test"" blocks."
End Sub

"Simon Lloyd" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Final - Final
It flashed the MsgBox even if one of the Arrays was selected. An additional
Exit For corrected that. "Flashes HUGE Grin"

Public Sub TestRanges() 'Sort or Modify columns Macro
Sheets("Rockwell").Select
NamedRanges = Array("Scl1", "Scl2", "Scl3", "Scl4", "Scl5", "Scl6",
"Scl7", "Scl8", "Scl9", "Scl10")
For Each NRange In NamedRanges
Set isect = Application.Intersect(Range(NRange), ActiveCell)
If Not isect Is Nothing Then
Worksheets("Rockwell").Select
Load Rckwll
Rckwll.Show
Unload Rckwll
Exit For
Else
MsgBox "Select one of the ""Scale under test"" blocks, then run
again."
Exit For
End If
Next NRange
End Sub

I owe Joel, Simon, and Rick a beverage of their choice
Many Thanks Guys
Lou
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You didn't copy my code as I posted it (you should always consider
copy/pasting rather than re-typing)... I didn't have an Exit For... I had an
Exit Sub in the If..Then block. I'm pretty sure the code I posted would have
worked as written. In any event, you have working code now, which is all
that matters. I'll be sure to have an online cup of coffee on you...
thanks.<g