Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Form shows in the vba

I am trying to make a change to a form at work and it is one that someone
else created. When I go to the vba and the ViewObject and then right click
on the form it actually activates, loads (shows) the form. What causes this.
Is there a way I can make it so I can adjust the code behind the form.

Thank you,

Steven
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

In the VBE, the small window in the upper left of the screen is the VBA
Project window. The form name should be listed in that window. Right click
on the form name, then click View Object from the drop down menu. If it
still shows the form on the sheet, there is probably a code snippet
somewhere that is being used as a security method to prevent someone from
changing the form.

"Steven" wrote in message
I am trying to make a change to a form at work and it is one that someone
else created. When I go to the vba and the ViewObject and then right
click
on the form it actually activates, loads (shows) the form. What causes
this.
Is there a way I can make it so I can adjust the code behind the form.

Thank you,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

This is Steven,

What this issue is is that it is the calendar control tool. I am trying to
make the startup postion be manual but it always reopens at the top left
corner of the window.

How do I make it so I can set the form where I want to keep it.

Thank you,

Steven

"Steven" wrote:

I am trying to make a change to a form at work and it is one that someone
else created. When I go to the vba and the ViewObject and then right click
on the form it actually activates, loads (shows) the form. What causes this.
Is there a way I can make it so I can adjust the code behind the form.

Thank you,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Have you tried setting the 'Startupposition' property of the 'UserForm'
--
If this post helps click Yes
---------------

"Steven" wrote in message
I am trying to make a change to a form at work and it is one that someone
else created. When I go to the vba and the ViewObject and then right
click
on the form it actually activates, loads (shows) the form. What causes
this.
Is there a way I can make it so I can adjust the code behind the form.

Thank you,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Steven

You must set its Top and Left property (distance from screen top / left
screen edge) before you show the form. The calendar control is in this
context pretty much innocent.

HTH. Best wishes Harald