Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Programatically Export Excel Chart to Graphic in SharePoint

I have been using the following VBA command to export Excel charts to
graphics. This works perfectly for local or network storage.

Worksheets(1).ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export
Filename:="Filepath\Filename.gif", filtername:="GIF"

When I modify to save to SharePoint site as follows it returns Error
-2146697210 (800c0006).

Worksheets(1).ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export
Filename:="http://ms-proto/TeamFolder/Shared%20Documents/Filename.gif",
filtername:="GIF"

I have tried the application.workbooks.saveas command to save the workbook,
and that does work to save into sharepoint. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Seems like the chart export may not support what you're trying to do (ie. it
only supports file paths and not http).

Not that familiar with the product, but doesn't sharepoint support mapping a
shared drive to the location you need to save the image to?
That way you can use a UNC path instead
(\\sharepointserver\subfolder\subfolder\yourlocn\)

http://blogs.neudesic.com/blogs/jaso...4/10/5613.aspx

Tim

"Travis" wrote in message
I have been using the following VBA command to export Excel charts to
graphics. This works perfectly for local or network storage.

Worksheets(1).ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export
Filename:="Filepath\Filename.gif", filtername:="GIF"

When I modify to save to SharePoint site as follows it returns Error
-2146697210 (800c0006).

Worksheets(1).ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export
Filename:="http://ms-proto/TeamFolder/Shared%20Documents/Filename.gif",
filtername:="GIF"

I have tried the application.workbooks.saveas command to save the
workbook,
and that does work to save into sharepoint. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

SharePoint does in fact support drive mapping and I have done that to correct
the issue for now. I was just hoping to have a solution that did not require
each user to map the location to the same drive letter.

Thanks for your help!

"Travis" wrote in message
I have been using the following VBA command to export Excel charts to
graphics. This works perfectly for local or network storage.

Worksheets(1).ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export
Filename:="Filepath\Filename.gif", filtername:="GIF"

When I modify to save to SharePoint site as follows it returns Error
-2146697210 (800c0006).

Worksheets(1).ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export
Filename:="http://ms-proto/TeamFolder/Shared%20Documents/Filename.gif",
filtername:="GIF"

I have tried the application.workbooks.saveas command to save the
workbook,
and that does work to save into sharepoint. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Try the using UNC path without mapping a drive. Should still work...

Worksheets(1).ChartObjects(1).Chart.Export _
Filename:="\\sharepointserver\subfolder\subfolder\ yourlocn\filename.gif",
_
filtername:="GIF"

Tim