Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
C C is offline

Default Add one to Column numbers

I have a spreadsheet that I need to increment Column X by one on a monthly
basis. When Column x = 12 then it goes back to 0 and column w is is
incremented by one.

Example:

March 2009
Column W Column X
10 11

April 2009 After Calculation
Column W Column X
11 0

May 2009 After Calculation
Column W Column X
11 1

Can someone give advice on how to best accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
CB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Cell X1:
=IF(MONTH(TODAY())+8<12;MONTH(TODAY())+8;MONTH(TOD AY())-12)

Cell W1:
=IF(X1=1;X1-1;X1+11)

Then you can drag formula in W1 to column V, U, T, S ... (If wanted)

"C" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet that I need to increment Column X by one on a monthly
basis. When Column x = 12 then it goes back to 0 and column w is is
incremented by one.

Example:

March 2009
Column W Column X
10 11

April 2009 After Calculation
Column W Column X
11 0

May 2009 After Calculation
Column W Column X
11 1

Can someone give advice on how to best accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
CB

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
C C is offline

Joakim,

Thanks for the responses, however I can't seem to get any of these to work
for me. You are correct that the X value represents months. This month
however has nothing to do with current date.

The spreadsheet holds personnell information and I just need to update this
once a month adding 1 to the X column. When the X column value equals 12 it
should reset to 0 and column w should return the current value + 1.

Can this be done thru VBA?

Thanks,