Posted to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Run-time error '50003': Unexpected error

Hello,
I have this error, which happens only in Vista.
It happens just at the start of Form_Load routine.
My program is using Excel automation, and I traced the problem is related to
Excel version installed on target computer.
I developed and compiled executable in Excel 2007 environment, but on Vista
there is Excel 2003 installed.
1.
Why the error happens only in Vista?
I have tested executable in WinXP running the same Excel 2003 and there is
not any error.
2.
What else can I do to prevent that problem, besides recompiling exec in
Excel 2003 environment?
Your comments appreciated,
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Jack" <Jack@nowhere wrote in message ...
Hello,
I have this error, which happens only in Vista.
It happens just at the start of Form_Load routine.
My program is using Excel automation, and I traced the problem is related to Excel version installed on
target computer.
I developed and compiled executable in Excel 2007 environment, but on Vista there is Excel 2003 installed.
1.
Why the error happens only in Vista?
I have tested executable in WinXP running the same Excel 2003 and there is not any error.
2.
What else can I do to prevent that problem, besides recompiling exec in Excel 2003 environment?
Your comments appreciated,
Jack

If the development machine has both 2007 and 2003 installed,
set a reference to Microsoft Excel 11.0 object library instead of the Microsoft Excel 12.0 object library
and recompile.

Vista with 2003 has no clue what the Microsoft Excel 12.0 object library is,
hence the error

--

Steve Easton

Posted to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Steve Easton" wrote in message

[...]

Thank you, Steve.
Jack

Posted to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Why are you such as ass?

YOU'RE the one asking for help. If anybody asks YOU a question or requests
additional information in order to help YOU, just answer and don't be a
friggin' moron!

--
Mike

"Jack" <Jack@nowhere wrote in message
No, it wont!
The code is NOT executed yet when the error strikes.
Jack
"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in
message ...
It would help if you post your code.

Posted to microsoft.public.vb.general.discussion,microsoft.public.excel.programming

"MikeD" wrote in message
| Why are you such as ass?

The same could be asked of you as of late.