Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cannot select multiple controls

We are having a problem selecting multiple controls, in Excel 2007, by
dragging around the desired controls using the 'Home Tab Find & Select
Select Objects' feature. In our case, we are using activeX controls like
checkboxes or option buttons.

After a little testing, we have found that the 'Select Objects' feature
allows us to select multiple graphics objects, but not Excel control
objects. We can CTRL-Click to select multiple controls in order to align
them, group them, or modify their properties all at once. However, we
cannot select a group of controls by dragging the cursor around them.
Furthermore, we cannot select multiple controls in the 'Selection Pane' by
dragging or SHIFT-Extending a selection. So the selection pane does nothing
more to help.

Since we are dealing with dozens of controls, it soon becomes very difficult
to select multiple controls one at a time. Does anyone know how we can
select groups of controls by dragging an extent around them with the mouse?