Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Step thru a function procedure?

Can I step thru a function procedure..its long and hard to figure out..I'd
like to go thru it slowly to track the variables etc...like I can with a
regular macro subroutine

thanks for any assistance

Craig
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can step through functions just like regular code. Set a break point at
the first line and run your code. if you are using a UDF from a worksheet
you have to force a change of data in the wroksheet before the function will
start. I nomally click on the cell and then go the the F(x) box at top of
worksheet . then click on the end of the line in the F(x) box and press
Return on the keybord. this wqy I don't have to change the data in the cell.
You can also change data in the cell and that will force the function to be
execute. You also have to be in the auutomatic calculation mode, otherwise,
you also have to press F9 to have excel recalculate the worksheet and call
the VBA funnctions.