Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old January 29th 08, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Default STEP MULTIPLY FUNCTION

I am trying to create a function for calculation of commissions. We have a
step up calculation we are using this year, ex revenue lower than 2mill will
be 6.5% of rev, greater than 2mill-3mill will be 8% and greater than 3 mill
will be 10.5% of revenue. I would like a function that will automatically
calculate monthly for whatever revenue I give it.
Can anyone help me with a function that will achieve this for numbers such
as 2100000 and 3100000 where the difference after the threshold of 2000000
and 3000000 will multiply by the new percentages (for the 3100000 example i
need 2000000*6.5%+1000000*8%+100000*10.5%). Thanks

  #2   Report Post  
Old January 29th 08, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,118
Default STEP MULTIPLY FUNCTION

If I understand correctly:
All revenue is calculated at 6.5%
The revenue from $2M to $3M is calculated at an incremental 1.5%
The revenue from $3M+ is calculated at an additional 2.5%

If that's true...
Try this:

With A1 containing a revenue amount

This formula calculates the commission:
B1: =SUM((A1/10^6={0,2,3})*(A1/10^6-{0,2,3})*10^6*({6.5,1.5,2.5}/100))


Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Mitch Desai" <Mitch wrote in message
...
I am trying to create a function for calculation of commissions. We have a
step up calculation we are using this year, ex revenue lower than 2mill
will
be 6.5% of rev, greater than 2mill-3mill will be 8% and greater than 3
mill
will be 10.5% of revenue. I would like a function that will automatically
calculate monthly for whatever revenue I give it.
Can anyone help me with a function that will achieve this for numbers such
as 2100000 and 3100000 where the difference after the threshold of 2000000
and 3000000 will multiply by the new percentages (for the 3100000 example
i
need 2000000*6.5%+1000000*8%+100000*10.5%). Thanks




  #3   Report Post  
Old January 29th 08, 06:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,836
Default STEP MULTIPLY FUNCTION

I think this will do what you want:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
If IsNumeric(Target) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False

If Target.Value < 2000000 Then
Target.Value = (Target.Value * 0.065)
End If

If Target.Value 3000000 Then
Target.Value = (Target.Value * 0.105)
End If

If Target.Value <= 3000000 Then
If Target.Value = 2000000 Then
Target.Value = (Target.Value * 0.085)
End If
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End If
End Sub

This is a Private Sub, which means it is 'Event Code'. You must right-click
on the sheet that you want to run it from, click on 'View Code', and paste
this code in the window that opens.

Regards,
Ryan---


--
RyGuy


"Ron Coderre" wrote:

If I understand correctly:
All revenue is calculated at 6.5%
The revenue from $2M to $3M is calculated at an incremental 1.5%
The revenue from $3M+ is calculated at an additional 2.5%

If that's true...
Try this:

With A1 containing a revenue amount

This formula calculates the commission:
B1: =SUM((A1/10^6={0,2,3})*(A1/10^6-{0,2,3})*10^6*({6.5,1.5,2.5}/100))


Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Mitch Desai" <Mitch wrote in message
...
I am trying to create a function for calculation of commissions. We have a
step up calculation we are using this year, ex revenue lower than 2mill
will
be 6.5% of rev, greater than 2mill-3mill will be 8% and greater than 3
mill
will be 10.5% of revenue. I would like a function that will automatically
calculate monthly for whatever revenue I give it.
Can anyone help me with a function that will achieve this for numbers such
as 2100000 and 3100000 where the difference after the threshold of 2000000
and 3000000 will multiply by the new percentages (for the 3100000 example
i
need 2000000*6.5%+1000000*8%+100000*10.5%). Thanks





  #4   Report Post  
Old January 29th 08, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jan 2008
Posts: 1
Default STEP MULTIPLY FUNCTION

Probably stupid question but how do I run this to a target cell?

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I think this will do what you want:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
If IsNumeric(Target) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False

If Target.Value < 2000000 Then
Target.Value = (Target.Value * 0.065)
End If

If Target.Value 3000000 Then
Target.Value = (Target.Value * 0.105)
End If

If Target.Value <= 3000000 Then
If Target.Value = 2000000 Then
Target.Value = (Target.Value * 0.085)
End If
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End If
End Sub

This is a Private Sub, which means it is 'Event Code'. You must right-click
on the sheet that you want to run it from, click on 'View Code', and paste
this code in the window that opens.

Regards,
Ryan---


--
RyGuy


"Ron Coderre" wrote:

If I understand correctly:
All revenue is calculated at 6.5%
The revenue from $2M to $3M is calculated at an incremental 1.5%
The revenue from $3M+ is calculated at an additional 2.5%

If that's true...
Try this:

With A1 containing a revenue amount

This formula calculates the commission:
B1: =SUM((A1/10^6={0,2,3})*(A1/10^6-{0,2,3})*10^6*({6.5,1.5,2.5}/100))


Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Mitch Desai" <Mitch wrote in message
...
I am trying to create a function for calculation of commissions. We have a
step up calculation we are using this year, ex revenue lower than 2mill
will
be 6.5% of rev, greater than 2mill-3mill will be 8% and greater than 3
mill
will be 10.5% of revenue. I would like a function that will automatically
calculate monthly for whatever revenue I give it.
Can anyone help me with a function that will achieve this for numbers such
as 2100000 and 3100000 where the difference after the threshold of 2000000
and 3000000 will multiply by the new percentages (for the 3100000 example
i
need 2000000*6.5%+1000000*8%+100000*10.5%). Thanks





  #5   Report Post  
Old January 29th 08, 09:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,836
Default STEP MULTIPLY FUNCTION

Notice the range: Range("A1:A10")
Change this to suit your needs.

Regards,
Ryan--

--
RyGuy


"Mitch Desai" wrote:

Probably stupid question but how do I run this to a target cell?

"ryguy7272" wrote:

I think this will do what you want:
Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range)
If Target.Cells.Count 1 Or IsEmpty(Target) Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:A10")) Is Nothing Then
If IsNumeric(Target) Then
Application.EnableEvents = False

If Target.Value < 2000000 Then
Target.Value = (Target.Value * 0.065)
End If

If Target.Value 3000000 Then
Target.Value = (Target.Value * 0.105)
End If

If Target.Value <= 3000000 Then
If Target.Value = 2000000 Then
Target.Value = (Target.Value * 0.085)
End If
End If

Application.EnableEvents = True
End If
End If
End Sub

This is a Private Sub, which means it is 'Event Code'. You must right-click
on the sheet that you want to run it from, click on 'View Code', and paste
this code in the window that opens.

Regards,
Ryan---


--
RyGuy


"Ron Coderre" wrote:

If I understand correctly:
All revenue is calculated at 6.5%
The revenue from $2M to $3M is calculated at an incremental 1.5%
The revenue from $3M+ is calculated at an additional 2.5%

If that's true...
Try this:

With A1 containing a revenue amount

This formula calculates the commission:
B1: =SUM((A1/10^6={0,2,3})*(A1/10^6-{0,2,3})*10^6*({6.5,1.5,2.5}/100))


Is that something you can work with?
Post back if you have more questions.
--------------------------

Regards,

Ron
Microsoft MVP (Excel)
(XL2003, Win XP)

"Mitch Desai" <Mitch wrote in message
...
I am trying to create a function for calculation of commissions. We have a
step up calculation we are using this year, ex revenue lower than 2mill
will
be 6.5% of rev, greater than 2mill-3mill will be 8% and greater than 3
mill
will be 10.5% of revenue. I would like a function that will automatically
calculate monthly for whatever revenue I give it.
Can anyone help me with a function that will achieve this for numbers such
as 2100000 and 3100000 where the difference after the threshold of 2000000
and 3000000 will multiply by the new percentages (for the 3100000 example
i
need 2000000*6.5%+1000000*8%+100000*10.5%). Thanks






  #6   Report Post  
Old January 30th 08, 08:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by ExcelBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 22,909
Default STEP MULTIPLY FUNCTION

Ryan

You are correct that this is event code.

But.......being a Private Sub does not necessarily mean it is "Event Code"

Private Optional. Indicates that the Sub procedure is accessible only to other
procedures in the module where it is declared.

See more in VBA Help "Sub statement"


Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP


This is a Private Sub, which means it is 'Event Code'. You must right-click
on the sheet that you want to run it from, click on 'View Code', and paste
this code in the window that opens.

Regards,
Ryan---




Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can anyone povide step by step instructions on how to do the follo Daniel Bunt Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 6 January 26th 07 01:58 PM
can't install CD from Excel 2003 step by step djclark New Users to Excel 0 February 10th 06 12:31 AM
Need step by step for entering data into combobox mandy Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 7th 05 04:37 PM
What is the step-by-step procedure for making a data list? Bobgolfs56 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 April 23rd 05 02:19 PM
I need step by step instructions to create a macro for 10 imbedde. diana Excel Worksheet Functions 3 January 31st 05 02:56 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 ExcelBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Microsoft Excel"

 

Copyright © 2017