Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
DG DG is offline

Default How to assign a macro to a pivot in Excel 2000

Hi everyone.
The problem concerns Excel 2000. There is a pivot and a macro in the
worksheet. This macro should run automatically each time a new pivot
table report is displayed or pivot data are refreshed. I couldn't assign
a macro to pivot dropdown menu. Private Sub Worksheet_PivotTableUpdate()
event is neither accessible (Excel 2000). I tried searching Google for
any hint of a problem but couldn't find any. Could you please give me
some clues? Regards,
DG
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The pivot table engine was changed in XL2002. Code is not backwards
compatible between 2000 and XP. In 2000 and prior you only have the
calculation event to rely on. It is kind of hokey but you can make it work...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson