Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default VLookup in two Excel 2003 workbooks

Hello, could someone please help me with the following:

I am trying to use VLookup function to look up peoples names in column C
in workbook named Aus.xls in worksheet named: Australia.

I need VLookup to find the exact corresponding person's name in the
other workbook named Int.xls in worksheet named: International.

Once the person's name is matched in workbook named Int.xls in worksheet
named: International, then I need VLookup to return the person's
corresponding employment number from column E in workbook named

Int.xls in worksheet named: International back to column T in workbook
named Aus.xls in worksheet named: Australia.

I was trying to use this VLookup function but it only works in one
workbook only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Kind regards,

Chris.

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C3,$A$2:$S$50000,5,0)),"",VLOOKUP (C3,$A$2:$C$50000,5,FA
LSE))

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(C3,
'C:\work\[int.xls]international'!$A$2:$S$50000,5,0)),"",VLOOKUP(C3,
'C:\work\[int.xls]international'!$A$2:$C$50000,5,FALSE))

If int.xls is open when creating formula, you have not to bother with path,
Excel insert it when closing int.xls.

Regards,
Stefi

€˛Chris Hankin€¯ ezt Ć*rta:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks Stefi - very much appreciated,

Cheers,

Chris.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You are welcome! Thanks for the feedback!
Stefi

€˛Chris Hankin€¯ ezt Ć*rta: