Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default How to change built-in shortcut for "Save As..."

Is there anyway to change the default shortcut F12 for Save As... to
something else. It is very important for me for my job to be able to change
it.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You can use OnKey to assign this key to a different purpose. See VBA Help.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200838

"Dimitris" wrote:

Is there anyway to change the default shortcut F12 for Save As... to
something else. It is very important for me for my job to be able to change
it.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dear Gary,

thank you for your answer but it is not working as I want. If you can help
me please see the post with name " Change default F12" on second page

Thanks a lot

Dimitris

"

"Dimitris" wrote:

Is there anyway to change the default shortcut F12 for Save As... to
something else. It is very important for me for my job to be able to change
it.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You need two macros:

Sub remapper()
Application.OnKey "{F12}", "OnlyReturn"
End Sub

Sub OnlyReturn()
Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
DoEvents
End Sub

First run remapper. Once it has been run, anytime you touch F12, the sub
OnlyReturn will be called automatically. OnlyReturn generates the ENTER
keypress
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200838

"Dimitris" wrote:

Is there anyway to change the default shortcut F12 for Save As... to
something else. It is very important for me for my job to be able to change
it.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

It is not working if you are in edit mode in a cell. There, if you pass the
F12 (When you are writing in the cell) it bypass the macros and F12 react
again as "save as ".

I am in dead end

Dimitris

"Dimitris" wrote:

Is there anyway to change the default shortcut F12 for Save As... to
something else. It is very important for me for my job to be able to change
it.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Do not give up hope!
Check back tomorrow. I will update this post.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200838

"Dimitris" wrote:

Is there anyway to change the default shortcut F12 for Save As... to
something else. It is very important for me for my job to be able to change
it.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
AAM AAM is offline

I gave up trying to use VBA in Edit mode. I have a few AutoHotkey scripts
for this purpose.

"Dimitris" wrote in message
Thanks Gary, thanks

Dimitris

"Dimitris" wrote:

Is there anyway to change the default shortcut F12 for Save
As... to
something else. It is very important for me for my job to be
able to change
it.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Goodmorning from Greece

The problem than I have to deal with is this tha I have post with title
"Change default F12" and which I repeat:

"The problem that I have to deal with is that I will pass values from a
barcode reader. The reader have a predifed suffix that it is F12 and i must
not change it. With the code (not in edit mode in a cell) everything works
perfect. But in my case the barcode pass the data in edit mode in the cell
and so I can not bypass the F12.

And this is a big problem for me."

Thanks everybody

Dimitris
"AAM" wrote:

I gave up trying to use VBA in Edit mode. I have a few AutoHotkey scripts
for this purpose.

"Dimitris" wrote in message
Thanks Gary, thanks

Dimitris

"Dimitris" wrote:

Is there anyway to change the default shortcut F12 for Save
As... to
something else. It is very important for me for my job to be
able to change
it.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Macros will not execute while the worksheet is in Edit Mode. Therefore my
solution will not work in edit mode.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200838