Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
dimitris dimitris is offline

Default How to change built-in shortcut for "Save As..."

It is not working if you are in edit mode in a cell. There, if you pass the
F12 (When you are writing in the cell) it bypass the macros and F12 react
again as "save as ".

I am in dead end

Dimitris

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You need two macros:

Sub remapper()
Application.OnKey "{F12}", "OnlyReturn"
End Sub

Sub OnlyReturn()
Application.SendKeys "{ENTER}"
DoEvents
End Sub

First run remapper. Once it has been run, anytime you touch F12, the sub
OnlyReturn will be called automatically. OnlyReturn generates the ENTER
keypress
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200838

"Dimitris" wrote:

Dear Gary,

thank you for your answer but it is not working as I want. If you can help
me please see the post with name " Change default F12" on second page

Thanks a lot

Dimitris

"

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

You can use OnKey to assign this key to a different purpose. See VBA Help.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu200838

"Dimitris" wrote:

Is there anyway to change the default shortcut F12 for Save As... to
something else. It is very important for me for my job to be able to change
it.

Thanks in advance

Dimitris