Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Reduce sheet size

Can a sheets size be reduced from 65000 rows to 1000 rows? Not just
hidden.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

No.
What's wrong with hidden?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Fan924" wrote in message
Can a sheets size be reduced from 65000 rows to 1000 rows? Not just
hidden.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Member

Location: In a hole in the ground there lived Joshua Fandango

You could use:

Sub Limit_Rows()
Sheets("Sheet1").ScrollArea = "A1:Z1000"
End Sub

To limit the area users can access

HtH
JF

On 10 Mar, 14:50, Fan924 wrote:
Can a sheets size be reduced from 65000 rows to 1000 rows? Not just
hidden.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi

A sheet has 256 columns and 65536 rows - regardless.
By Hidden, I take it your are referring to Hiding the whole sheet.

You can hide rows 1001 to 655536 to just show the first 1000 rows.
Similarly, you can select any range of columns and hide them.

Alternatively, you can set the Scroll area of the sheet to any range you
wish, and that will prevent the user from scrolling or accessing any cells
outside of that range. To set the scroll area, you would need to do that
programmatically.

Private Sub Worksheet_Activate()
ScrollArea = "A1:H20"
End Sub

Set the area to whatever you want

Copy the Code above
Right click Sheet tab View Code
Paste code into white pane that appears
Alt+F11 to return to Excel

This is event code which will be triggered automatically.

--
Regards
Roger Govier

"Fan924" wrote in message
Can a sheets size be reduced from 65000 rows to 1000 rows? Not just
hidden.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Fan924" wrote in message
Can a sheets size be reduced from 65000 rows to 1000 rows? Not just
hidden.

You could also merge all the cells from 1001 to the bottom and across to
last column into one large cell. Not sure what you are try to accomplish
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

"vMike" wrote in message

"Fan924" wrote in message
Can a sheets size be reduced from 65000 rows to 1000 rows? Not just
hidden.

You could also merge all the cells from 1001 to the bottom and across to
last column into one large cell. Not sure what you are try to accomplish
Mike

I should add that you would also want to set its row height to say .1 or
something small. I think that will accomplish what you what

Mike