Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Runtime Error 32809

Since Microsoft doesn't support the OEM software they sell, and the MSDN
forums don't support us Office Developers, I sure hope someone has the answer
to this complicated situation.

I'm running Excel 2003 on Windows XP.
A very complicated spreadsheet I'm working in, was working just fine
saturday. Today when I opened it up, and tested one of the buttons, it
failed on a 'Run-time Error 32809: Application-defined or object-defined
error.'

It's breaking on trying to activate a sheet:

Sheets("AKtie").Activate

I go to the formerly working sheet, and none of the buttons are working on it.

In the watch window, you can look at the Sheet, but if I type in
Sheets("AKtie").Name it gives the error, though I can see the name when I
only type in Sheets("AKtie") in the properties.

I've looked through Object Explorer and haven't seen any naming conflicts
there.

Any ideas on how to not just fix this bug, but what's really causing it so I
can prevent it in the future.

Note: I'm trying to avoid the old 'copy to a new sheet' fix, since Excel is
very buggy when copying with a lot of named ranges (especially sheet-level
named ranges).

--
Lance Roberts
Control Systems Engineer
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Is it a hidden Sheet?, you may want to turn it on off as it goes through the
subroutine...
--
If this posting was helpful, please click on the Yes button.
Regards,

Michael Arch.

"Lance Roberts" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

The error seems to be something like Excel while recognizing the sheet, isn't
instantiating it as an object, so no references to any of it's properties or
methods are working, even though the sheet can be viewed (including it
'properties' list).