Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Errors 32809 and 57121 :-(

Hello

I'm busy developing a tool in Excel and Access. It uses quite some VBA code.
But the further I go with my work the more stupid errors I get from Excel
and VBA. Now I'm getting VBA error 32809 (and sometimes 57121). And all of
my buttons stopped working too. The only entries about these errors in the
MS KB are about Excel for the MAC. But I am using Excel 2002 (SP3) for
Windows. Who knows how to solve these errors?

The problem:
(exactly the same as
http://groups.google.nl/group/micros...ng/browse_frm/
thread/66ab33dfc8891cb/b5855d92c879ec28?lnk=st&q=error+32809&rnum=29&hl=n l#b
5855d92c879ec28

When I try to reference to sheet 1 I receive an error:
sheets("Data Entry").activate

When I use the following code:

dim DE as worksheet
set DE = sheets("Data Entry")
DE.activate

It all works. Also on all other sheets the 'sheets("sheetname").activate'
works without any problem. But I don't want to replace all of my code for
such a stupid thing. Also as mentioned my controlbuttons I placed on that
sheet stopped working, they don't execute the code any more.
For what I've seen in Google is that there are lots of people with this
error, but no solutions. Only the remark that "the sheet is corrupted".
If it can be solved by copying everything to a new workbook then that's what
I've got to do, but may be someone has a better solution? Or a solution to
automatically copy all worksheets, named cells and vba code to a new
workbook? Because I'm afraid I'll have more and more stupid errors soon.

I'm getting the idea that vba is only for the home user who's collecting
stamps, and not for more serious work.

Thanks for any help

Jan