Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Assistance with code

I've currently using the following

Range("Q1").Copy 'my cell Q1 contains the Value 2
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlMultiply, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

But I would like to include the VAlue 2 in this code (away from Spredsheet)

I'de like to use a normal Variable like
MyMult = 2 ' I obviously need to get MyMult into the CLIPBOARD, but How??

How would I change the above code to accomidate the MyMult
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I am not sure you can do this without the worksheet being used. You can
assign an unused cell the value of 2, do your pastespecial multiply, then
clearcontents on the cell with the temporary 2 in it.

Range("Q1").Value = 2
Range("Q1").Copy
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlMultiply, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False
Range("Q1").ClearContents

Mike F

"JMay" wrote in message
I've currently using the following

Range("Q1").Copy 'my cell Q1 contains the Value 2
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlMultiply, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

But I would like to include the VAlue 2 in this code (away from
Spredsheet)

I'de like to use a normal Variable like
MyMult = 2 ' I obviously need to get MyMult into the CLIPBOARD, but
How??

How would I change the above code to accomidate the MyMult

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

If you use the variable to store the value 2, then you do not need to copy
anything to use that value anywhere on the worksheet. i.e. you can use code
like:

ActiveSheet.Range("b10") = myMult

or you and use:

ActiveSheet.Range("B10") = Sheets(2).Range("A6")*myMult

The clipboard is not essential for using the value stored in the variable.

"JMay" wrote:

I've currently using the following

Range("Q1").Copy 'my cell Q1 contains the Value 2
Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteAll, Operation:=xlMultiply, _
SkipBlanks:=False, Transpose:=False

But I would like to include the VAlue 2 in this code (away from Spredsheet)

I'de like to use a normal Variable like
MyMult = 2 ' I obviously need to get MyMult into the CLIPBOARD, but How??

How would I change the above code to accomidate the MyMult

Need assistance with code, please winnie123 Excel Programming 8 March 1st 09 03:17 PM
Code assistance SF Excel Programming 4 January 3rd 08 07:31 AM
Assistance with code Please Greg B... Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 8 March 2nd 05 10:55 PM
Code assistance please JMay Excel Programming 3 September 4th 04 05:21 PM
VBA Code Assistance chryo Excel Programming 9 August 7th 04 12:57 AM