Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Pivot tables - edit pivot table and updating master data

Hello,

Our business management is heavily dependent on excel - and we are currently
developing a tool that allows us to edit a pivot table, and it then updates
the master data in the background (reverse pivot).

This affords us enormous flexibility when applying prices etc. according to
varying criteria - and we remain much more dynamic than most business in our
industry because of this.

I would like to know if microsoft is looking to develop this functionality
in future excel releases (or updates). This seems like the next logical
direction for microsoft to go in. I would feel more comfotable using a tool
that is built by microsoft, and is embedded in excel - as opposed to an
add-in.

If anyone has any information - please let me know.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I know that Pivot4U add-in make pivot tables editable.

--
tiulkin
tiulkin's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=376