Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Cell length

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my data into a cell or row.

It consists of up to about 600 characters and as I try to read it, the
horizontal scrollbar jumps and makes it very difficult. The largest
cell width of 256 isn't enough, so should I merge two cells? Will
doing this lose any data?

Thanks - Kirk
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Can you use a textbox?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Make the text use additional lines. Try typing this in a cell
Mary had a little lamb (now type ALT+ENTER) Its fleece was white as snow
(ALT+ENTER) And everywhere......
This is call 'text wrapping'
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

<kirkm wrote in message ...

I'm having a bit of trouble getting my data into a cell or row.

It consists of up to about 600 characters and as I try to read it, the
horizontal scrollbar jumps and makes it very difficult. The largest
cell width of 256 isn't enough, so should I merge two cells? Will
doing this lose any data?

Thanks - Kirk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 09:13:10 -0400, "Bernard Liengme"
wrote:

Make the text use additional lines. Try typing this in a cell
Mary had a little lamb (now type ALT+ENTER) Its fleece was white as snow
(ALT+ENTER) And everywhere......
This is call 'text wrapping'
best wishes

Thanks Bernard. I can see how that works... but I'd like to keep the
row height to single. I did figure out part of the problem, I had no
end cell and the scroll bar was jumping rather than scrolling. By
making a dummy end column that now behaves a lot better.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 03:47:02 -0800, Davesexcel
wrote:

Can you use a textbox?

On a cell in a worksheet? That's a new concept I've never considered.

Is there any way to have more than one text colour per cell ?

Thanks - Kirk