Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default PasteSpecial Error

Excel XP & 2003
I wrote some code for an OP that is being used by 4 or 5 other people, each
with his own computer. Everything is working fine except for one person.
That person is getting an error on the statement:
Dest.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
The error is:
"PasteSpecial method of range class failed."
By phone I got him to enter a MsgBox before that line asking for the
Dest.Address. Dest has a valid cell address.
I had the OP to check that all the references were the same on all the
computers. They are. Or so I'm told.
I am baffled because no error is created by any other computer and the code
is identical on all computers.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to solve this one? Thanks for
your time. Otto

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

You sure that the user isn't using xl2k?
Dest.PasteSpecial 8
(a bug for that constant that was fixed in xl2002)

If no, then I'd check the worksheet protection, lockedness of cells, merged
cells. Something different for that paste.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi Dave

This two give problems in 2000
8 = columns
6 = validation

No problems with xlPasteValues as far as I know

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

Otto Moehrbach wrote:

Excel XP & 2003
I wrote some code for an OP that is being used by 4 or 5 other people, each
with his own computer. Everything is working fine except for one person.
That person is getting an error on the statement:
Dest.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
The error is:
"PasteSpecial method of range class failed."
By phone I got him to enter a MsgBox before that line asking for the
Dest.Address. Dest has a valid cell address.
I had the OP to check that all the references were the same on all the
computers. They are. Or so I'm told.
I am baffled because no error is created by any other computer and the code
is identical on all computers.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to solve this one? Thanks for
your time. Otto

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Dave
Thanks for the help. And Ron too. A little background on this one
computer. Their IT people found some problems with some of the contents of
the hard drive, so IT reformatted the hard drive and reinstalled everything.
Maybe a problem?
Also, 2 of the other people (remotely located in the state) brought THEIR
workbook and ran it on this one problem computer and got the same error.
The head guy is going there tomorrow and will probably reinstall Excel.
It's 2003 by the way. Thanks again. Otto

Otto Moehrbach wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

I wouldn't guess that it had anything to do with the HD.

If the user can open excel and open the workbook, I'd bet it was something else.

I'd ask them to try it manually to see if they could get the same error--but
with a better description.

Maybe you can use remote assistance (maybe NetMeeting) to watch