Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default PasteSpecial Error

You sure that the user isn't using xl2k?
Dest.PasteSpecial 8
(a bug for that constant that was fixed in xl2002)

If no, then I'd check the worksheet protection, lockedness of cells, merged
cells. Something different for that paste.

Otto Moehrbach wrote:

Excel XP & 2003
I wrote some code for an OP that is being used by 4 or 5 other people, each
with his own computer. Everything is working fine except for one person.
That person is getting an error on the statement:
Dest.PasteSpecial xlPasteValues
The error is:
"PasteSpecial method of range class failed."
By phone I got him to enter a MsgBox before that line asking for the
Dest.Address. Dest has a valid cell address.
I had the OP to check that all the references were the same on all the
computers. They are. Or so I'm told.
I am baffled because no error is created by any other computer and the code
is identical on all computers.
Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas to solve this one? Thanks for
your time. Otto

--

Dave Peterson