Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default convert date to different format

I have data in columns A through P and in column C I have dates in the format
YYYYMMDD and I need the format MMDDYYYY. I only have one worksheet in this
file. Can anyone help me with this? susan
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Hi,

Select column C dates then

Format|Cells - Custom

enter a custom format of MMDDYYYY

Mike

"ILoveMyCorgi" wrote:

I have data in columns A through P and in column C I have dates in the format
YYYYMMDD and I need the format MMDDYYYY. I only have one worksheet in this
file. Can anyone help me with this? susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks. I tried that and the result is ######### all the way across the
fields no matter how much I shrink or stretch that column.

"ILoveMyCorgi" wrote:

I have data in columns A through P and in column C I have dates in the format
YYYYMMDD and I need the format MMDDYYYY. I only have one worksheet in this
file. Can anyone help me with this? susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

When you say you have "dates in the format YYYYMMDD", do you mean you have *real* date values in cells that have been Cell Formatted to look like "YYYYMMDD", or do you mean you have "YYYYMMDD" looking text strings (that is, not *real* dates)? If you have *real* dates, then just use cell formatting to make them look like you want. If they are just text strings, then try this formula...

=TEXT(--TEXT(A1,"0000-00-00"),"mmddyyyy")

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"ILoveMyCorgi" wrote in message ...
I have data in columns A through P and in column C I have dates in the format
YYYYMMDD and I need the format MMDDYYYY. I only have one worksheet in this
file. Can anyone help me with this? susan

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks! That worked beautifully. I had actually real dates that were
extracted from a database and I needed to import the data into a database
that will only accept the MMDDYYYY format. Thanks so much for helping me.
Susan